View-Master World showcases the images from old View-Master packets. They are just as wonderful as I remember.
Here are some tasty links to usher in the weekend:
- Beautiful, functional art from Ryan Greenheck.
- Kaki King TED performance
- Surrealist art by Paco Pomet.
- The art of Antti Kosonen on Instagram.
- Eggdog via Waxy.org
- Paidon is a manga wrtten and designed by an AI trained on Osamu Tezuka. Tezuka’s Metropolis is one of my favorite anime.
- Summoning is a wonderful little webcomic.
- These Painted Ladies are beautiful.
- When Warren Ellis blogs about blogging its worth paying attention.
- Fraidycat 1.1 is here. It allows you to follow people on sites like Twitter, Instagram, Github and more without an account.
- Bill Ratcliffe on Flickr. Damn
- Gatsby is another open source, free platform for building websites and apps.
- Venkatesh Rao has some characteristically insightful things to say about the the text renaissance in online media.
- Artist in the World is an enormous collection of photographs by André Smits showing artists, from behind in their studios. It’s mesmerizing.
Jeronimus Dekker’s Tales from Weirdland is a “Sentient Youtube channel”. I’ll be honest, I don’t know much at all about it. What I do know is that I am obsessed with the associated Tales from Weirdland tumblr blog. It’s a regular stream of ephemera that feels like it was curated specifically for me. If you like to browse images of fantastical concept art, animation, illustration, and photography then this is a place you will love. Its really beautiful.
There is a subreddit where people are using Google to translate the dialogue of Star Wars movies into Chinese, and then back to a English. Then they are actually dubbing them onto the scenes. The dubbing is pretty well done. Here are a few stills that will show you the comedy genius of this idea.
The Tumblr link mentions something similar for Lord of the Rings which I am now off to find!
The Far Out Company: “Visual overload and counterculture rarities from Haight-Ashbury and beyond” on Instagram. Super groovy.