- When Warren Ellis blogs about blogging its worth paying attention.
- Fraidycat 1.1 is here. It allows you to follow people on sites like Twitter, Instagram, Github and more without an account.
- Bill Ratcliffe on Flickr. Damn
- Gatsby is another open source, free platform for building websites and apps.
- Venkatesh Rao has some characteristically insightful things to say about the the text renaissance in online media.
- Artist in the World is an enormous collection of photographs by André Smits showing artists, from behind in their studios. It’s mesmerizing.
Jeronimus Dekker’s Tales from Weirdland is a “Sentient Youtube channel”. I’ll be honest, I don’t know much at all about it. What I do know is that I am obsessed with the associated Tales from Weirdland tumblr blog. It’s a regular stream of ephemera that feels like it was curated specifically for me. If you like to browse images of fantastical concept art, animation, illustration, and photography then this is a place you will love. Its really beautiful.
There is a subreddit where people are using Google to translate the dialogue of Star Wars movies into Chinese, and then back to a English. Then they are actually dubbing them onto the scenes. The dubbing is pretty well done. Here are a few stills that will show you the comedy genius of this idea.
The Tumblr link mentions something similar for Lord of the Rings which I am now off to find!
The Far Out Company: “Visual overload and counterculture rarities from Haight-Ashbury and beyond” on Instagram. Super groovy.
First of all there is a bot twitter account that posts wiki titles that can be sung to the tune of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles song. Hold on though. I know. That’s a lot. But it gets better. On Valentine’s Day the bot posted the wiki title Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Welcome to the Singularity.
Who’s a good boy? Grinch is a good boy!
An amazing meme with an ensuing education on blades. Yet another example of the comments used for lawful good on Tumblr. I’m not naive enough to think there aren’t toxic shitheads out there in the Tumblerverse, but I’ve managed to miss them so far and it feels nice.
It was right there, in front of my face, the whole damn time.